Anyone prefer Exmark's Triton deck over the Ultra Cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jan 30, 2008.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious, a lot of guys on here knock the Triton but guys in my area seem to prefer the Triton over the Ultra.

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I ran a 66" Lazer Z since July next to a 60" XS Ultracut that I've put over 500 hours on over the past 2 seasons and the new Triton is by far the better deck. Better in really thick, dense grass. The cut quality in all conditions is truly a step above the Ultracut. The Ultracut is amazing, but the Triton is just plain flawless in terms of cut quality. It's better in wet conditions, it doesn't clump like the Ultracut. It has better suction and air flow. It seems to throw the clippings better and when using the mower to blow off it moves much, much more air than the Ultracut.

I say Triton all the way from my experience. :weightlifter:

3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Dont know yet Ill post later on this spring
    Im picking up a used exmark with a 60" ultracut deck next week
    to go with my triton 46

I like the cut of the triton over the gravelys Ive used a few times last year
    and so did the guy that has the gravelys

4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I have found the exact oposite but thats my own opinion.

5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

'triton better in thick grass' - How about thin grass?

It is funny that the new 08 Exmark brochure says the Triton deck has a faster blade tip speed of around 18,500 YET all the other decks are also listed with the same blade tip speed as the triton 18,500:dizzy::confused:

6. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

i have to agree whole heartedly, i have had many ultracuts, cant deal with the lack of cutting down every blade of grass that i have to deal with on the triton

7. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have both, The triton deck sucks. Both new mowers. I hate having to double cut with the triton

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had both. I had the triton for a whole month and was very disapointed in it.

9. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

im in florida and prefer the ultra cut-my brother has 2 tritons and the difference is immence

10. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Frue- It looks like you traded the exmark for the Ferris- how do you like the ferris 2000?

As a general rule- not to many people 'like' the triton deck.