anyone preparing for next year yet?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DiSantolandscaping, Oct 21, 2012.

1. DiSantolandscaping

DiSantolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i was just sitting here trying to see if anyone is figuring out what they are going to do next year to expand/ or grow their business?

I want to do more physical landscaping work, not so much mowing. I like doing mulch, patios, plantings, and commercial work.

What you all planning or would like to plan and how are you going to go about it?

2. DiSantolandscaping

from Maine

also would anyone like to compare prices for a few services?

Mulch= $75 per yard includes labor mulch light trenching

Loam= $75 per yard inlcludes labor delivery and install

Fertlilizing= $12 per k sq ft (min $50)

Aeration= $10 per k sq ft (min $50)

Lawn over seeding= $35 per k sq ft

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

my plan is the same as this years.

fill any open spots that I might have in my schedule. which right now is zero. so as of right now it looks like I'm doing nothing but wishing for snow and waiting for spring of next year.

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Same for me, but I'm going to have some to replace.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Plan is to build my weekly accnts to about 75, and get my new company off the ground. So i can stay home more when my baby is born in may.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DiSantolandscaping

from Maine

yeah i like your work and i look up to you and hope someday i can be busy like you are. good luck with the baby its the best thing that ever happend to me i come home at night and he flys out the door to hug me and theres just not better feeling in the world.

Have you gotten to use the disaster business at all this year yet or is that primarly next years plan?

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

My plan is the same as always...hope we get at least 6 snow storms and ask myself all winter long if I really want to do this for another season...this was just supposed to be a temporary thing, 11 years ago!

8. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I look for used equipment this time of the year for next year. Bought a 8x18 enclosed trailer last week, so I will be getting it ready.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

We are planning to double our lawn maintenance operations next year (if not more) I just doubled the snow operations, and we might still pick up more.

as Far as installation goes, we are separating commercial and residential design build this year. I will limit residential design build to around what we did this year, so I can have time to concentrate of building the maintenance and training those crews.

10. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I had planned to be at 30 employees.

Got a couple lucky breaks with some new property managers so for 2013 we plan on starting up 3 more crews.