anyone price everrides lately?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Feb 12, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i called a couple dealers today. they seem to want more for the 27hp kohler.

i think 2008 prices went up quite a bit

both dealers were right at $9000 for a warrior 54" 27hp kohler.

they also wanted $4100 for a 36 wasp hp

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have not priced any but have heard they went way up! Probably to try to cover warranties that have not been paid! Or the new owners have realized that you cannot continue to give stuff away and survive!

3. grass disaster

seems like a big jump to me i believe last years prices were around $8000.

4. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Theres one on e bay for 6280 27 kohler. I paid 7499 for mine 54 inch kaw. I also paid 7499 for a 54 inch kohler I like the kohler better seems like it has more power.

5. grass disaster

how do you like the 54" size deck? what type of properties do you maintain?

so...do the blades on these decks overlap? i don't really know who that works

when they say 54" deck that means it cuts 54" right"

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have used them for a number of years now and love them,. seems like we paid about 7300 for our 54" and about 7600 for the 60", all with 25 kaw

7. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

There are a ton of them for sale on E-bay. You can now get a real good deal as there are a couple of distributors and a bunch of dealers that were not renewed by Ariens and have tons of stock that they are stuck with and are looking to dump the units cheap!

8. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I love the 54 inch mower I had 61 inch before. I can mow any ditch line I have to,No more getting another mower for just a strip or two. These 54 inch mowers are awsome . I heard they are not making it anymore just the 60.

9. grass disaster

i have not heard they are canceling the 54" size....i think the 54" is a good all around deck. big enough for large commercial jobs and small enough for residential yards.