1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone raising prices for next year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acorn, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

anyone raising prices for next year? If so by what percentage?
    I am going to because fuel went up 15% in the last few months, insurance went up is will continue to go up (about 30% even with never having a claim) Just wondering if you guys throught about next season's pricing schedule.

I couldn't figure out how to post a pole :mad: :D
  2. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

last year I raised 5%. didn't lose anycustomers and was still too busy. I am thinking about another 10-15% this year or maybe more on certain services
  3. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Yes I will be raising prices on about 25% of my customers this year to a 15% increase in pay.
    Last year I did with 25% of my other customers, did'nt have any complaints.
  4. noclevername

noclevername LawnSite Member

I'd like to, but our area (southern ontario) is so competative that I have customers tell me that they get quotes lower than mine are now. So far my customers have been very loyal ( and I do tend to be on the high end of the scale, but try to offer a superior product ) but if I were to charge more for my monthly rates I don't know how long that would last. But I will pass increases in my materials costs along.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

6. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I plan on raising some of them. Probable about 25-50 percent of them anyway.
  7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on raising $10-15 more since the lower I start the lower they wanna go btw: they won't know who I am i'm moving hte whole business.:D
  8. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I will raise prices based on the cost of operation. So if insurance goes up, and of course gas, I will raise the prices. I am expecting both to rise so, this will be transferrred to the all customers because it is an element of the biz I am not in control of. I don't raise prices just to make more money
  9. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

I usually raise prices to weed out the accounts that I don't prefer doing. Those ones where the owners are always wanting you to do something extra while your there but don't want to pay for it.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, but not across the board though.

If the price of fuel goes crazy for some reason, then we will add a fuel surcharge on everyone's bill to help offset (we have done this in the past too).

Insurance has gone up, but that was to be expected because of 9/11.

Only other big expense for us is labor. And I'll be the one who says that goes up or not :D