Anyone really familiar with Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna crossbeeding? Need help with a part.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

The deck idler arm on my 61 Yazoo/Kees ZTMax is worn out. I only read recently that the belt should be removed to grease them with no load :eek: It has finally frozen up and doesn't adjust anymore.

Here's the thing. J. Thomas shows this part listed for a Husqvarna ZTH6125, but not for the Y/K. It's $25. If you look at some of the related parts between the two in the J Thomas catalog, they have similar or the same part numbers. I am trying to figure out if this will fit my mower. I am trying to go this route since the local dealer's price quote :eek: There ain't no way in hell I am going to pay them $115 for this little L-shaped piece of metal. :mad:

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The cross breeding is this simple. Y/K builds Husqvarna. Exact same unit.

Just be sure you are getting the part for the ZT Max or make sure they are the same on both the Max 2 and ZT Max. At this time Husqvarna no longer has a ZT Max unit like they used to. Only orange Max 2's.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Keith
    you can always return It. Hows You Lazer Doing? And You All Have a Great state, I Liked Big Pine Key the Best. I'l Have a Pic You Might Like Later.
    John.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Keith,

Whenever you get the new part take my advice and you won't have the same problem again. I'm sure this applies to most machines and not just Y/Kees and Husky. There should be a steel bushing that goes in the pivot point of that L shaped part. Take that bushing and grind a small (1/8") groove around the center of it. Then grind several more small grooves running the length of the bushing and intersecting with the first groove you made around it. What these grooves will do is allow a channel for the grease to flow in and distribute the grease all over the bushing. That way you can grease it with or without a load and be assured that it will be properly greased.

5. Keith

Envy, I believe you are right. I am quite sure they are the same. John is right, if it doesn't fit I can always send it back.

Ed, thanks for the info on the greasing grooves. I'll get with you for more detail on that.

John, the Lazer was finally dropped of at another dealer on Manday. Have not heard back from them yet, but the distributor told Dustin they were confident these guys could fix it.

6. John Gamba

from ct

I Hope It Works Out, When They Are running Wright They Are Awesome!
    John

7. Keith

It's better than anything else I own even when it's not ;) Send me your email address sometime John. There have been a couple of occasions where I wanted to get ahold of you.

8. John Gamba

from ct

I Hope Its to Go to the KEYS. I Will.
    John