Anyone recognize...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Man,

I would not put pictures of another person's work on my site. If a customer asked me to stripe like that I would lokk like an a$$ because it's not my work.

If that pic is stolen, it is twice as bad

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I sent him an email asking him to explain his use of EricELM and Greenquest pics. No response yet.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Deja Vu.

:D

5. Scraper

I just find it absolutely amazing that after all the past antics, people think they can still get away with it. Especially from someone who has been around here for more than a year!

6. Scraper

Don't forget John Gamba's under "Spring".

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Reply to my email I received from him...
    Lets ease up on him and give them time to take care of it.

Eric,
    Good morning. Looks as though everyone is in an uproar over our website. This website was made by me & 2 other classmates of mine from UMass. This was our project for one of our Web Design classes last semester. The project was to design & launch an actual website for a business, fictional or nonfictional. Our professor told us to use any graphics, pictures or logos that we could find on-line. This website is not currently used for our business.

You are the first people to see the website, that we know of, since the class has been over. We have plans to launch an actual site for the business for the spring time, as our professor advised against using this site for our business, for various reasons. I will contact my fellow classmate and see if he can take down the website, he was in charge of the design & implementation of our site. I would take the site down this morning, however I do not know how.

I apologize for offending anyone. Next time I see my professor I will mention to him the reaction that was received because of our website.

Please respond with any additional comments, or if there is anything else that could be done to alleviate this issue.

8. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

If I was the professor, an "F" for plagiarism:blob2:

9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I called these guys. Answered the phone using the company name... sounds like a fictional company to me... right. The only thing fictional is the excuse they gave for using the pictures..

10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

oh, btw.. they also show up on a supply chain website as a supplier of backflow preventers. You do not go through all this trouble for a school project.. sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.