Anyone run Husqvarna Z's??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottishmaximus, May 13, 2004.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I am considering buying a Husqvarna Z. Particularly a 61" with 27hp. Anyone use one of their z's or a Yazoo/Kees? Any feedback would be great.

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a Yazoo with a Honda engine the cut was awesome, and fast machine

3. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i have a new model 18 hp 48 inch deck i love it so far just got it about 3 weeks ago but i would get a stronger engine next time. i have been cutting 1-2 feet grass with it and it does just fine.

4. BLawnMtc

BLawnMtc LawnSite Member
    from W TN

I have a Husqvarna 5225 that is a great machine as long as cutting conditions are ideal. If the grass is wet I leave an uncut strip of grass between the left and center spindle.

5. I demo'd a husky z 61 with the 27 hp and thought it was a good machine. After further investigation on this site and talking to other dealers and LCO's I decided not to buy one. It seems that the support is not there. It takes to long to get a part if it needs to be ordered. And they were not easy to deal with when there was a problem. I didn't want that hassle and went with a Deere 757 60" 25HP. Price was a little lower too. Go to the search and type in husqvarna and read for your self. Like I said, the machine itself seems good but you need to company to stand behind them and not give you a hard time when you need warranty work done.

6. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

since you went with the 757, may I ask you how ddo you like it ?

Does the JD 757 handle the spring growth and morning dampness on the St Augustine well? Does it clog, leave clumps or does it give you a clean cut in damp and heavy growth?

Do you have a problem with deck clogging?

I appreciate any info you have to offer on the 757 !

Thanks

(please excuse this somewhat off-topic post)

7. The 757 has exceded my expectations. It doesn't clump at all and handles thick stuff real well. I will say that I have a mulch kit on mine and it does a great job. Although it doesn't have the lifting effect like my toro. (it won't pick up heavyer hedge clippings and mulch them but thats not a problem) It also lays down a beautiful cut,better than my toro or any mower I've had. It was 7600 out the door with mulch kit.

8. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

Husqvarna owns Yazoo/Kees and I've got a Yazoo with a 61" and 27hp Kohler. Have had nothing but good service and great dealer support. I think service is more about your dealer than the manufacturer.. Some dealers just don't care after they have made the big sale. My dealer works from a shop behind his home and has been there for 17 years. He goes out of his way to help.

9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Actually Husqvarna is owned by electrolux who also owns Yazoo! As well as several other makes of product. The husky unit is not exactly the same as the Yazoo but very close!

10. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

My bad!! That's what I meant to say. LOL