Anyone run the TLE-600 Yet?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Let's hear it! Comments, concerns, questions, etc...

-MW

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm wondering if there are any differences from the older ones. Different carbs, etc?

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Changes to the TLE-600...

1. Scavenging ports in the crankcase
    2. Optimized carburetor setting
    3. Small catalyst in the muffler

-MW

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, Mark!

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still running my 3rd "old style" edger, I think its time for a new one, power still the same?

6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

As a side note, I use my Tanaka edger for bed edging as well, on established beds of course. I've seen other lawn services looking at me with a puzzled look, but noticed at least one of them trying it. Their only drawback was they didn't have a Tanaka, which is nimble enough to really follow the curves!

7. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

I just bought one (see brain 2000 post) i really like it, I'm just mad my TLE-550 only lasted 12 year (kidding of course-that thing was a tank it was 12 years of abuse and hard knocks for it and it ran tons of hours...i sold it still running and as far as i know its still being used)

8. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

I just picked up a used 550 for 275. Very clean probably had about 15-20hrs on it and came with a dozen blades. Price seemed good especially when the new 600 are 800.

I will use both this and a stick edger for cleaning up bed edges and sidewalks, etc..

Is there anything I should look at repairing on the Tanaka in the field or are really that strong?