Anyone running a Exmark Lazer Z with the 23 Kohler ? 60" Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 22R, Jul 7, 2003.

1. 22R

22R LawnSite Member

How do you like it ? Enough power ? Motor reliable ? Any comments appreciated !!

2. I know someone running one, he does fine till he hits tall thick turf.

For a few hundred more you can get a 28hp Kohler EFI and not worry about horse power.

Kohler is as reliable as you get, plus you can get more hours on your mower with a Kohler.

3. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I like mine...like LGF said, its not a speed demon on tall grass.

I'd love to have the 27 Kaw Liquid cooled .. I would just as soon stay away from the fuel injected engines.

4. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

More Power= More Money= More Better

5. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I have that mower. I do bog down a little in high grass, but I've always wondered if a bigger engine really solves this. On grass cut every week or two, I can fly. That 3 week stuff I have to slow down a little.

6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Awww LGF....ya dont know what your talkin about....heh heh heh
    :D :D

I have a 25 on mine and works pretty good..;) :drinkup:

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

My brother rides a 60" 23 horse and he loves it but as has been said i think it bogs down a little in the tough stuff.i would rather go with more power on a 60 deck but money isn't always as plentiful as we would like so if the 23 is what you can afford it will do the job for you.

8. I've got a 25 kohler on one too.:D :D

9. 22R

22R LawnSite Member

So far I love it. I am using it for my home and I think I should have no problems as it seems to have way more power than my old Grasshoper did. I appreciate the responses. Later, 22R

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend has one of the first Lazer Z's that our dealer sold around here. Think it was back in 1995. Anyway, It had a 22 horse engine, and did pretty good, but you had to slow down in the thick stuff. He finally replaced the 22hp. with a 25hp. last year after clocking 2500hrs on the 22hp. The old 22hp. was getting a little tired. He had the 22hp. rebuilt and now has a spare engine for any of his 3 Lazer's.