1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone running doubles on Deere 777 ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, May 5, 2007.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I have been running the meg-mow's now with good success but was wondering if I could run doubles when the meg-mows need sharpening? It would be nice to be able to alternate every other week or something like that. I asked the dealer about a bracket that holds the doubles in place and he had never heard of anything like that?? (some of them are completely clueless) It would be a great help just to know if anyone else is even running doubles. Thanks
  2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Only in the fall I run doubles for leaves, for normal grass cutting it is not necessary. All you have to do is line up the blades right and tighten them down. There is no bracket for the double set-up on JD, and the less you tell your dealer the better. In my opinion running doubles is going to lead to premature spindle failure. The best set-up for leaves is a gator blade under the stock highlift blade. It shreds the leaves pretty well.

4. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

Same here doubles in the fall,with the exception of runing double gators in the fall much better for choping those leaves.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have run doubles on my 757s for over 1000hrs now. My opinion is its the best setup. I use double highlifts, stock JD highlift and a Dixie Chopper highlift on bottom.