Anyone running JCB skidsteers??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mowingman, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We are looking at buying a new 90 HP, tracked skidsteer. JCB is high on our list due to good dealer service nearby, good pricing and features, and we really like the side entry cab setup.
    Anyone running these? If so, how do you like them?

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

i haven't even seen one of those. not many around up here

3. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Ive run a JCB robot loader. I wasnt impressed to say the least.

4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have about sixteen or seventeen of them where I work. The people that I have talked to that run them seem to like them.

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I don't have one or own one or drive one. But local concrete crew has one - I think it is a year old and I know they have made a few changes but they say they love it. There is a JCB dealer near by, good service, although they sell alot of telehandlers, but his guys like the side entry, alittle tight to get in and out I guess, but they seem to do well with there track machine.

6. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

Super easy to get in and out of on that one side.Visibility to the right leaves something to be desired.Cabs are sealed very poorly.You can see daylight if you look carefully in some areas towards the ground from inside.Your dealer can be excellent but most JCB dealers complain a LOT that the product support they receive from the company is extremely poor on skids...At least in this area.

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i was looking at one at a construction expo here...i really like the side entry, and the cab seemed nice...the only thing i am not to sure about is the single arm boom...other then that JCB has had huge success across the ocean and i'm sure the product hasn't changed much on the boat ride over here

8. KRtraxx

Yea on the other side the pond JCB has had huge sucess..

9. KRtraxx

Bet it would be excellent for someone who has bad legs or knees..Super easy to get in and out of.And your not crawling over the top of your attachment or load..

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The JCB salesman says the boom has a lifetime warranty against any kind of failure, cracking, or bending. Sounds like they are pretty sure of the design.