Anyone see one of these before

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by zedosix, Sep 23, 2007.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Co. in Guelph Ontario sells these units. Wow they work great and you need to run almost to keep up with it. 13 hp honda motor, electric start and 1,800lbs carrying capacity. Here are a few shots of it the day I had it delivered.

work and play 047 (Medium).jpg

work and play 048 (Medium).jpg

work and play 052 (Medium).jpg

work and play 059 (Medium).jpg

work and play 054 (Medium).jpg

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice mackine did you buy it or rent it. Looks sort of like a dingo.
  3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I bought it to replace my older one. We use them most every day, so renting doesn't make sense. It holds two 40" bucket fulls of material as you see in the last pic.
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

looks sweet, but i think i would spend the money on a tracked miniskid like a dingo, etc...
    that unit can be used only for transferring material, the miniskids can haul 1500LBS and load trucks, move pallets, trench, auger, dig, etc.......

we have a t200 bobcat, but still use our dingo way more.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I think money would have been better spent on a Toro Dingo w/bucket, you could haul the same amount of weight and you wouldn't have to take the time to load it. I looks like a nice machine and can see where it would be useful but for me the Toro Dingo has alot more uses for landscaping.
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

fun toy, looks like it fits in nice with the rest of your equipment, mini-ex, skidsteer, reversible plate tamper... where's the table saw? How big of a crew do you typically run, 3?
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We rent concrete buggies whenever we need to move alot of material into tight places. I have never seen them with tracks before. What did that run if ya don't mind asking? I would think in the $6-7k range.
  8. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Before you guys jump all over the guy, what did that machine cost? My guess is 50% or less of what the Dingo would be, making it a good choice. The Dingo's also can't keep up an "almost running" speed.
  9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

the dingo, and ditchwitch are very fast. they are too fast to comfortably walk behind.

I am not saying anything bad about the trackbuggy, i just could not justify the expense, even if it were only 50% of the cost of a miniskid.
    the miniskid is just so much more useful.
    with this buggy you cannot backfill a wall from the front, or dupm into a raised area, etc....
    the buggy is a great tool, we rent concrete buggies (same, but without tracks), but it is rare that we rent them because we have the dingo...

you still need another machine to effectively load the buggy, with a miniskid, you only need one.
    if you solo on a job, this means driving the buggy to the pile, getting off, getting on the loader ( whatever it is) loading the buggy, getting off then back on the buggy, and driving it and dumping it.....

if you have multiple guys, then one is sitting in the loader waiting for the buggy to return , works the loader to load the buggy then sits there and waits for the loader to come back.

also, musclecarboy... i take it from your response you have almost no time if any on one of the miniskids.

just because something works for one company does not mean it works for another. for him it may well be that the trackbuggy was the best tool for his application, and the jobs he has, but for others it may not be a good fit.
  10. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

It might be a useful tool on larger jobs though. When you have 3-4 guys working it might be a little tough to use only wheelbarrows if you're doing a large backyard project. The type of situation that allows the loading/digging machine to have 90%+ active working time.