Lawn Care Forum banner

anyone seen a break on a mower like this?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  piston slapper 
#1 ·
Not sure what this is called. Cutting a lawn today and heard what sounded like something break. After further inspection I saw this! It just broke right off. Mower only has 1000 hours and is kept inside.

So my first question how bad did I mess things up? I can replace the screen, but you can see the plastic fins are a little worn from when the screen broke. Will it be ok to just replace the screen or should I take it in and let my dealer replace the fins also?

Automotive tire Tread Rim Gas Engineering

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. That's what I thought. Not sure how it happened. Everything was tight and I was in the open so nothing fell in the cracks. It wasn't rusted at all but is not in a nice tight ball of metal!

The screen looks like and easy fix by undoing the 3 bolts. What about the fins? Just undo the center bolt at the bottom?

I can't afford a few down days without the mower and I'm hoping the dealer has the parts in stock. For some reason they don't offer loaners when I have problems!?!?

#6 ·
the same thing just happened to one of my mowers. it is a quick, easy and cheap fix that you can do at home.........

#9 ·
Well that makes it easy then. Didn't catch the plastic from the pic. Damn phone screen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can't wait for a newer phone myself....grass is growing...won't be long..

The screen breaking could be a secondary issue...
See if you have any endplay on the flywheel...pry against the flywheel with a screwdriver...
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.