Anyone seen a Fimco Hydro-indexing valve?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by justgeorge, May 28, 2006.

1. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

The only one I ever saw was at my parents house in S Fla back in the early eighties. They bought a house that was about eight years old and the irrigation system was already installed. As I remember, it didn't cause any problems.

2. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

About the same mess as a manifold set-up. Think about all that piping coming out of Boot's infamous manifold box.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Out of sight, out of mind. :p

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Good point. There's something to be said about keeping everything tight and close so the install goes quicker. :)

Maybe for the installer but what about the poor schmuck that has to followup with maintenance repairs? :laugh:

5. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Being somewhat of a smart-azz - If the repair guy is going to do repairs, he better put on his 'big boy pants' and deal with it. I have learned over the years that what I uncover when doing repairs is a marvelous wonder. And they are billed at T&M.

6. PurpHaze

I imagine that sometime in the future that someone will dig up one of my repair jobs and go, "WTF?" :laugh:

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

My favorites are when I dig up a break, and find a slipfix within 6" of the next break. Gotta love being able to reuse it and save a few bucks.

Its happened several times to me too.

8. PurpHaze

Been there, done that. A couple of couplings or a coupling and a bell end and you're back in business real quick. :drinkup:

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

For poly, some of the fun repairs are when stub ends of pipe are buried with the system piping. I remember one really difficult repair, which would have gone more easily if a line of white pines hadn't been planted atop the mainline, where I was just able to get in amongst the roots to bridge around some choked off pipe, only to learn that I'd connected to a discarded stub of tubing on top of the real pipe.

This is about when you repeat your mantra of "time and material"