1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen a good ramp system?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victor, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to use a box truck to haul my equipment around next year, instead of my trailer. The only problem I'm running into is, I don't know where to find a ramp system that's affordable, but at the same time could be used to load, and unload a ZTR. I absolutely love the "hydra ramp that's on the "Super Lawn Trucks." I called them to ask for a price on one, and the guy I spoke to told me $6499 (OUCH!!)
    Does anyone know where I could find a ramp (I'd prefer one that folds up against the back of the truck) that would work for this? I've looked around the net for a ramp set-up that would work, but didn't find any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

2. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Vic, if i were you instead of investing lots of money in one of those fancy folding gates, design our own and have a local welder smack one together and install it. You will save a boat load of $$$$$$$$ and you can customize it.
  3. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Victor, I made my own using 1 1/2" steel tube for the frame and 5/8" plywood for the decking. I made my own hinges out of solid pipe and a flat bar I heated and bent. Next time I would use expanded metal instead of plywood, it's too slippery even with sand in the paint on it. They are 6' long and two piece so they are light enough for my wife. Whatever you use make sure they are long enough for your mower to clear the top edge.
  5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to the Handy ramp site some of you guys posted, and that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!.