1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Seen A Snow Plow on a 'Z'?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Nov 11, 2001.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

When I picked up my Toro, I saw a "TimeCutter" (home owner version of z100) with a snow plow. It was light duty looking. It looked like it hooked to the deck linkage - the deck was removed.
  2. Nick

Nick Banned

I know dixie chopper made one for their machines, but never have seen anyone with one.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

check out there website or go to the dealer and check. also try posting this message on plowsite.com. actually the more appropriate place for this thread.
  4. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I saw it at the dealer, when I picked my Toro up from getting it serviced. I was just curious if anyone else had actually seen a blade on a zero turn in real life- maybe they are getting more popular. I saw a thread on the PlowSite from last year about the Dixie Chopper Blade set up.

I wasn't asking about getting a blade for a Z, or using a z for snow removal, just thought it was interesting.
    I meant it from the point of view of expanding the uses of a Z type mower, sorry if I wasn't clear. ;)
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

When I bought my DC the dealer had a used DC with a plow attached. The brackets are welded to the front of the machine. The installation looked a little crude as whoever did it just slapped it together with no repainting of welded surfaces and stuff like that. It didn't look like it was in any danger of falling off though.
  7. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 60" DC blade and like it fine. It mounts directly to the frane and can be installed in about 10 minutes. You need to remove the front bumper and then simply slide the brackets over the frame and tighten 3 bolts on each side. It angles to each side and has side shields that can be removed or left in place if you wish. I think it was around $625.................Lynn
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

There are even some now that offer a two stage snow thrower, rotary broom, and dozer blade that can be mounted to hydrostatic wb's in addition to the riders. :eek:

9. Kroppy

Kroppy LawnSite Member

Goto toros website check out the zmaster mowers then select one of the zmasters (mine is 62"23hp kohler)when you get to that page select "accessaries" you will find the name of a company that makes 2 stage snowthrowers with a canvas or vinyl cab. i didn't check it out but i think they are in the north maybe even Canada.
  10. Lawnsite member "Beck" has one for his DC

Mounts to the front of the frame. I would like to see how it does.

May need some chains and weights for the back.