1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen or used the new Billy Goat MV Vac?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ACEMowing, May 3, 2006.

1. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

I just noticed that Billy Goat shows a new MV model multi-purpose vac that looks great on their website:
    I like the self propelled and zipperless bag plus it looks and says that it is cleaner for the operator.
    We have a Snapper wheel Vac.. (also sold under the Giant Vac and Simplicity brands) non-self propelled model that does a pretty good job but I sure like the looks of the bag and everything on this new Billy Goat.
    Has anyone used one yet?
  2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

The zippers break a lot but if yo ulearn to use them properly and slowly they are ok, We have 3 sold 1 and 2 are collecting dust in building.
  3. the undergraduate

the undergraduate LawnSite Member

I guess I'll bump this thread as I have the same question as the original poster...

Looks like a good machine, but it being a new product I'd like some people's opinions before I sink $1500-1800 into one.
  4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, what's the word?
  5. the undergraduate

the undergraduate LawnSite Member

And it looks just like the DRĀ® Leaf and Lawn Vacuum...
  6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ill bump it to the top, how are they doing?
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I am interested to hear what people have to say, I am looking at getting the billy goat MV or DR vac
  8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

There was a used unit a DR which is a Billy Goat clone for sale here in my area last year. After doing much research on this site I decided against it. Do a search for both the Billy goat and the DR unit. The user reviews seemed to be a bit to iffy for me. This is one piece of equipment that I would need to demo or be able to return if it didn't work out. I think DR might have a return policy if your not happy with it.

There was one heated thread that went back and forth on the issue last year. Do a search and I think you will find it. I think if you have a hi vac bagger mower or let say a Quick 36 with the catcher I think it will do what you want it to do and not be just a vacum. I also spent the better part of $700 on a Areins 6 hp Kawi 21" mower to get a good vacum mower that bags densly and sucks up leaves vwery well. Technically not a commerical grade mower but not far from it.