Anyone seen this Nightscaping fixture yet?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by irrig8r, Mar 22, 2012.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Their Facebook page announced yesterday that there are 5 other new fixtures coming besides this.

Got one of these in the brass version and 9 inch hat and Illumicare 3W SCB LED yesterday.

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

That big chunk of round brass the lamp sits in look like it will cast a pretty good shadow, especially on the small one.

3. irrig8r

Not really... the light reflects of the light in the "dome" nicely.
    Light from the Illumicare LED shines up and straight out into it and reflects back nicely.

Similar to this one from Beachside:

[​IMG]

Or this one:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Are those Tele-scopic risers? If so that is a pretty cool feature.

5. irrig8r

Wall sconce version announced yesterday.

[​IMG]

6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not "feelin' it" yet from the New Nightscaping. To me, these are just more fixtures. Nothing special. The new CEO better get his group to use some imagination coupled with the latest technology.

7. irrig8r

Latest technology?

They are offering all (as I recall) of their new fixtures with LEDs. You can get them with either the Brilliance or Illumicare lamps installed.

I personally prefer the Illumicare, but I can't get away from the fact that most of the issues I've had with sockets an lamps over they years have been with bi-pins, so I've opted for SCB sockets and SCB LEDs with the few I've tried. I also tried a couple of Halco lamps in the same configuration.

The Illumicare seems to be more specific to our uses, including some sturdy cooling fins. The Halco equivalent is kind of a 'tower' design, less compact in other words. And the Brilliance design, though weather resistant, as a really limited light output.

Look for some new Nightscaping products offered soon by Belgard too... not sure if they're exclusively available through them, but they were designed to work with their stuff.

And no, I'm not a rep :) Just appreciate that Nightscaping might be making a turnaround and may continue to be a force in the industry.

8. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Beware of SCB sockets - they are prone to shorts and corrosion. Also, the photometrics of column-type SCB LED retrofits are far from ideal - they reduce fixture light output considerably compared to upward facing chips (in reflected-type path lights).

9. irrig8r

What I meant to write was

And Steve, the 'column' style you mention sounds like the Halco product I described. Illumicare's design is different than that.

So, which socket and lamp combo do you like best?

I think that bi-pins have given me more trouble over the years than SCBs. Mostly from corrosion on the pins, also from worn sockets. Many months ago I suggested to James that 'his' lamps should have gold-plated pins. I was serious.

10. irrig8r

The Halco LED look like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Illumicare like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Brilliance-Dynasty lamps look like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]