1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone send out postcards?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Feb 24, 2008.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Heres mine for 2008. A 10MB pdf file..

2008 Koster Irrigation Postcard PDF

It seems to me that over the years of sending out postcards, i only get a small percentage of return
    off all the hard work. Although not to sound like im complaining, Its definitely recooped its costs each year. I think its
    just a necessary part of doing business, getting your name out there.

This year my mailing list is getting close to 1000 on the excel spreadsheet. Last year i sent out 400-500.

I space out mailings, usually 80 or so a week.
  2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

we did..

Actually were gona send out dvd's of our operation.
  3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

send me one !!
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't send out postcards to get new customers, but we have gone to a postcard instead of a newsletter for our spring and fall reminder. We are working on the spring one today actually.
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone using their own color laser printer for the postcards?
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer ordering them online considering the hassle of watching over them in the printer so they don't jam, replacement toner/cartridge, postcard stock, etc.. I spent $225 (shipping included) on 3000 5x7 full color photo on one side and black and blue text on the other. Then we used a bulk mail company to send them out. It cost me less than an actual stamp for each for them to sort, label, and mail. and I didn't spend all day (or two) doing it.
  7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

As far as new prospects go I use the RB cards part #d38536B
    For existing customers we use a 2 page letter. The second page has a pic of a backflow with instructions to turn the water on . All newer systems (3 yrs or newer ) have exterior controllers. Older ones most people will leave their garage doors unlocked for us.
    For winterizing we use postcards.
  8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

And you are?
  9. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

I use the Hunter spring and winter postcards for startup and shutdown. They send 'em to me for free, even tho I don't use much of their product.