Anyone sending Christmas cards to customers?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mowtown Mike, Nov 27, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, I send them out. NO advertising in them. Just a quick note telling them to have a great holiday season. In a way you're already advertising when you do this. You remind them that you exist.

And yes, I think it would be rude(and stupid) to put a tip envelope in a christmas card to a customer.
  2. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I try to think of something different for my best clients. One year I found some candles that smelled like fresh cut grass .... they called me to express appreciation! This year I've got those little magnetic calendars for their refrigerator.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

4. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

ok i guess ill be sending out the snow removal flyers first because u never know when its goin to snow in jersey then maybe 2 weeks b4 xmas i will send out the holiday cards

thanks for the help
  5. kelmcwalk

kelmcwalk LawnSite Member

Yes we send them out every year
  6. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

Christmas cards are great but the tip envelope ......stand at their doors with a tin cup!
  7. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

dropped two dozen of them in the mailbox last night. i make it a point that each card is hand-written as well. one piece of advice as well - try to stay away from anything that says christmas on it. stick to the cards that have "happy holidays" you never know the religion of your clients.
  8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a mistake it's the opposite of what you said. You will offend more customers by sending happy holiday cards then Merry Christmas.
  9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Gatewayuser ... "holidayl" cards just get trashed here. If you don't know if your clients are Christians intending to celebrate Christmas, then you don't know them very well. And, a card of any kind is meaningless to those you don't know.

Leave the "holiday" cards to the PC group. Most of us don't want or need them.
  10. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

We send them out to every customer, even a one time job they hired me for. Every year it is a card with elk on it. It does get hard to find new elk Christmas Cards every year, but that sort of makes it a challenge for us to find them.