Anyone sending Christmas cards to customers?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mowtown Mike, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

To me happy holidays means "merry xmas and happy new year" because thats what i celebrate...it means "happy whatever you celebrate and have a happy new year also"

thats what i am sending to my customers..how can they be offended by happy holidays

i would rather send a "happy holidays" card to a catholic person and a jewish person than send a "merry xmas" card to a catholic and a jew

and i would wouldnt want to send a "happy haunakkah" (sp?) to a catholic and a jew either

with a "happy holidays" card no one is offended...where with a merry xmas card could possibly offend someone if they dont celebrate xmas..that could lose you a customer

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Like every one said Yes and Yes it would be rude. Why would you think to do that. :confused:

3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

In NJ you can definitely get away with sending happy holiday cards without offending anyone. It may be different in other areas. Lots of libs & PC's here. Definitely a blue state.
    *trucewhiteflag*

4. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

5. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

6. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

My wife just told me she just ordered our xmas cards....will send out xmas cards to all my customers I am retaining, and some to prospective customers who are near homes I already have. I will include a new season follow-up letter and their contract for 2007 with a self address envelope so all they have to do is sign, and drop in the mail. I got a strong response last year along with plenty of xmas cards and a few nice tips. I offer a free aeration to all that sign back up before Jan. 1st. Just helps sweet'n the deal. Dont really cost me much, just hook to aerator up to the back of the mower while cutting....knock out two birds in one stone, so really not losing money....just make it up on all my new accounts. I have picked up about 19 new accounts over the last 3 weeks, so I really think its going to be a great year if I can have a strong reply to my xmas cards.....

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

tjsquickcuts ... Clearly, you have little interest in wishing anybody well for Christmas. Your motive has far more to do with working your business.

If I received such a card, with letter and contract, I would be a former customer. You would be put in the "$3 bill" category.

8. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yes-for the cards
    no-on the tip

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

You are wrong, 85% (it is actually more like 95%) of the country celebrates Christmas whether they doing a secular or religious celebration.

Where does it say we have a right to not be offended?? I celebrate Christmas so I say Merry Christmas... If this offends someone then maybe they have a little too much time on their hands. Are you offended if someone says Happy Hanakuh to you??? Maybe they don't know any different....

3 Cheers to Walmart for deciding to say "Merry Christmas" this year.....

Political Correctness is a disease that is rotting our country!!!!

Merry Christmas to all........and Happy Easter too....:)

D

10. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

yes and yes (thats very rude )