Anyone sending Christmas cards to customers?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mowtown Mike, Nov 27, 2006.

1. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Yes to cards. We went with Thanksgiving vs. Xmas for the politically correct crowd.(less people doing it and will be more memorable.)
    No to tip envelope

2. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

i will send xmas cards to my clients

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I sent out 75 to customers and referring companies. I have about 1000 active customers in my list (we do sprinkler service only) and can no way send that many without paying out a good chunk of change. So I hand picked some of the long time and good existing customers. I ordered mine through the Audobon Society and they were cheaper than other card companies, and a lot of the money goes back to helping their foundation. And I believe (but not positive) that because of that I can classify it as a contribution or donation. I'll have to check with my accountant.

Her's a link to the ones I sent out. These ones are a more general Holidays card, not a Christmas card. We could argue that one more in another thread.
    http://www.holidaycardcenter.org/2006/NA/main.asp

Oops. Looks like the link didn't give the correct page. I got the ones with the penguin in the hat and scarf.

4. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

Do customers really tip this time of year?? Do a majority of them tip, or is it just a person every now and then??

Ive read articles in the past that kind of coach you on who you are supposed to tip and average of about how much, but I dont ever recall tipping your lawn guy/gardner......Man that would be neat

As far as asking or even hinting and above all sending a SASE!!!! That is utterly ridiculous and low class in my opinion....LMAO, I do wanna meet someone who does that though :hammerhead:

They wanna tip from me......Heres one: Dont eat yellow snow!

5. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Yes we are sending out holiday card but I think you can think of better thing to send them other then a "tip" envelope.
    Like what someone on here said with a pic of there lawn all done up and nice looking, or maybe a pic of you and your family in there finest in front of your clean rig.
    JMO
    Gil

6. GFTC

GFTC LawnSite Member

I just finished up my cards last night. I included a coupon for $25 off any service, no minimum. Yes I know someone is gonna use that coupon for a gutter cleaning and I'll be doing it for free, but this gesture was about building relationships with my customers. I also sent a few out to some pending estimates that I have out right now.

7. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I send thank you cards around xmass but i think its a little tacky to solicite for a tip.:waving:

8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Well said. Not sure about your percentages, but your polital correctness quote is very accurate, sadly. :usflag:

Merry Christmas to you too! and in case I forget when the time comes, Happy Easter back at ya.

9. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

10. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

i got those same ones....