1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone service a CVS Pharmacy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I was just wondering if anyone has any good/bad experience servicing a CVS location? They are building a new stand alone location nearby and I might consider going after it sometime in the future.
  2. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think John Allin has the national account for subcontracting out their snowplowing services. From what I have heard in the past though, they are extremely hard to get your $$ from.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I had a call for an estimate from one. After reading what i think was about 28 pages of what they wanted i went my merry way, and never gave an estimate. From what i remember the billing looked slow, had to be mailed here, faxed there, ect.
  4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

They are VERY hard to get a hold of. When calling the corporate office it might take 3-4 weeks to get a response on a problem.
  5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about CVS but I had 3 eckerd's (2 now, none next year) their a PITA, the problem as that you won't never meet the decision maker person, you can talk to the manager all you want, but the people that runs this places all they have in their mind as price, they don't care if the property use to look like crap before you started doing the service, that it took you a long year to have it looking at it's best, as soon as they have financial problem the first person who gets a cut is the LCO, they first start by suspending the fertilizer, then they want to pay by the cut, they sing the contract at the last minute.

My advice is give'em a high price and set'em up for a 3 year contract, if they go for it at leat you can put up with all the BS, and all those phone calls to make sure you get you payment on time.
  6. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

we recieved a package/contract last month for snow removal bid on all or some of the CVS pharmacies in Kentucky. there were only 3 or 4 in our area that we would consider. i looked into it a little more closely and decided against it.

EDIT: btw, the bid package was from the Snow Managment Group
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Service a CVS Pharmacy? Do they actually take care of these places? I could never really tell!:rolleyes:
  8. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

The CVS here in Ohio looked like a weed garden until late summer. They finally got it cut once. Think the village council complained. Haven't seen it cut since though.
  9. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Another LCO in my area was doing a new store and an older one in another town for them. He couldnt get paid so he dumped them. He finally got all his money but the wait wasnt worth it.
  10. creativedan

creativedan LawnSite Member
    from IL

DO NOT WORK FOR CVS!! US Maintenance/ Trammell Crowe is the company you actually work for and they rip u off.
    did alot of work for 5 different cvs stores $4800.00 total, work was done in Aug. 02 finally got the only check they sent in march 03. It was short $470.00 called & called finally they said they were not going to pay me, so I called a lawyer and he said small claims court would be my best bet. Still nothing didnt take them to court just decided to eat it.