Anyone spreading uflexx/umaxx out of their LT. Rich????

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by lazyike, Aug 19, 2013.

1. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone was having any luck spreading a bag of uflexx, umaxx, or urea out of their lt. rich and are you able to get it down at 25,000 sq. ft. per bag ok?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I spread it with my Mag (uflexx) and I can do that rate. Your spreader is better you can get er done.

3. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks DA!!! How are you liking the results and have you tried regular urea? If so did you notice any difference between the two???
    Mike

4. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Straight urea will last 5 weeks, UFLEXX will last up to 8 weeks and UMAXX will last up to 12 weeks. I have used them all and speak from experience. Have spread them all from 1/2 to 1 lb N per k with my T3000.

5. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

out of your T3000 how many K can you spray on a tank?
    Do you mix in the machine or a mixing tank?

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I only spread the U's in granular form. Not enough water to spray it. You need at least a gal/k to apply the U's and that is at no more than a 1/2 lb of N/K and it is moist and not to hot.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone spread straight urea for a final fall app? At about a lb of N/K?
    This is assuming moisture is adequate in the soil, and the turfgrass is not terribly stressed.

Can you spread this thin out of a ride on? Getting 23k sq ft out of a bag would seem a challenge.
    I use a Mag, anyone else do it?