Anyone Started Cutting Yet ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

All the Snow in Canada has Finally Melted and we Got Our First Cuts in Last Week....About 3 Weeks ago their was a False Start to the Season but a Big Blizzard Covered us Over so we had to Hole Up until the Snow Finally Melted.

Feels good to Get out there Cutting After 9 Months of Winter.

2. Yamahauler

Yamahauler LawnSite Member

Im cutting year round. Southern California next to the beach average temps 60 in the winter 70 in the summer. Most lawns are tall fescue marathon.

3. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Does this mean you're going to stop talking about it all day long and actually do some work?

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You're 2 weeks early this year Kelvin...must mean your season is gonna be 5 weeks total instead of 3 huh.

5. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

How long is your cutting season, on average, Fareway?

Jason

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

4 weeks max...tough living at the Artic Circle I hear.

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i think leaf season starts tommorrow, right Rod?

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I slept in today and now summer is gone. I don't think I made enough money to keep me in muckaluks for the winter. At least I can eat my old pair from last year.

Didn't do as well as I hoped at the auction sale on Saturday but I did pick up a Stiga demo with 16 hp Honda on it to resell.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Well a Big Snow Storm Hit Canada this Afternoon so I Had to Rush out and Put the Blades and Blowers back on the Walks and the Plows Back on the Trucks...

Hopefully it will all Melt by Friday and We can Start Up w/the Cutting Again.

Rad Blower 2.JPG

10. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah shoot, did I miss the auction again, :angry: . Was that the TO one? or the one west of you? Hope all is well up your way Cantoo :waving: