Anyone starting weekly mowing yet?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Feb 28, 2011.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the temps in the mid 8o's. Mowed my grass last week and it could use a mowing again. Anyone starting early this year? I want to hold out until the 1st of April but It may not happen. Shrubs are also growing quickly. It is going to be a hot spring.

2. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

I wish we were here in ohio but were still a few weeks out. How long is your mowing season on average? we get 28 weeks on a good year here

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

It goes from April to October usually. Every week of mowing. Then every other week of mowing Nov to March. Same price monthly year round.

4. hell no! the earliest i will start is mid april. They are not going to get 3-4 more cuts. Without the rainfall, it should get you to every 2 weeks unless you are putting down a ton of N. That is why I use 9-0-20 in the spring, I don't need a ton of growth right now.

I can see you central florida guys possibly starting sooner as you prob didn't do many cuts this winter, but down here I won't.

5. Plantculture

Plantculture LawnSite Member

Diamond
    Whats your rate of N/1000 sq ft? Thats the important number.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, still EOW right now. Lawns have all greened back up though. Finishing cutting back all the frost damage this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder if i could mow through 20 inches of snow? hhmmm hahah

8. Patriot Services

Just mix up a bp full of lime jello if you miss the green.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

ECO

Careful what you wish for, you may get it. Yes we get paid year round and do 36 to 42 cuts a year weather pending. BUT we also have more Lawn boys per capita than you Yankees do. Supply out weights demand so that our price base isn't all that high. a $ 10 cut is still possible here in Florida in fact it is more common than you think.

10. Patriot Services

Yep, every red light in Tampa has an SUV or car pulling a garden trailer with the family MTD tractor on it. Hand written rogue signs "any lawn 10.00" on every median.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.