Anyone still doing fall cleanups?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by KG26, Dec 11, 2013.

1. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

yeah, we had two ice storms, and that slowed me down. I still have two fall cleanups to complete. Its been a strange year here in texas. The leaves dropped later this year for some reason, which pushed back the fall clean ups.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

All the leaves have fallen here in SC. Only a few days since the middle of November where it is dry enough to do clean ups. Probably will be February before this leaf season winds down.

3. gmlm

gmlm LawnSite Member

still doing them here.

4. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

Finished last one Friday not sure if safe to take leaf box apart yet. But we have myrtles to trim and landscape jobs to start. Only 10 weeks till 2014 regular season starts here if you can beleive it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

I have 6 more final weekly visits to do. Though this weather has kept me from doing them. I figure an hour each just to go over and touch each place up at the most.

Though I just got a call from a widow today. Gave her the estimate and got another one time clean up to do for the end of the week now.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yes. hoping to get done this week for the season. been waiting on the yards to dry up after a week of rain last week.

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Took the salt spreader out today and put the leaf box back in. Have 4-5 more leaf jobs to do. Weather has been a bear lately.

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I would be....

if it weren't fall all this damn snow and below 0 temps.....

9. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Down to 57 left . I spent the last two days with one man doing one job. With any luck tomorrow we can get twelve done before the rain moves in Friday .
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Its crazy busy this week. However its been a terrible fall for me, money wise that is.

After this week its over till spring, I have a couple of small low profit jobs for Janurary.