Anyone still doing fall cleanups?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by KG26, Dec 11, 2013.

1. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, the weather is great! Ice last week, and will be in the high 60's today, so will get that last, pesky job done today and then clean the mowers and get things put away for the winter. Spring type storms start tomorrow and then another cool down! I'm ready for a rest!!!

2. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I finished 2 days ago. I wish I could say the fall has been great, but it hasn't. This year I experienced more lowballers than usual. Jobs I was quoting at my rate, others were quoting half as much. People around me are hiring anyone to rake leaves, best price wins. I don't want to compete and packed my things up for the year.

3. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Were just finishing our 3 round of clean up. We will pack it in till after the holidays and then do the last of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i dunno what it is about this year. it's been the worst year to me. all the rain made it a pain. :laugh:

i'm glad it's over. fall has been terrible for me because there are so many leaves this year and everyone starts calling wanting their leaves done the week before christmas.

i had one guy threaten to call the cops on me yesterday because i blew a few mulched up leaves into his yard. i even blew them out of his yard with the leaf blower and he still wasn't happy. i was like are you kidding me? i told him to go ahead and call the cops. they haven't showed up so i guess he didn't call them.

i don't have a single problem with customers. it's always the nosey neighbors. they just need to mind their own business. from now on i'm just gonna ignore them and not even stop the mower to see what they have to say. people are driving me crazy. this week has been hell on earth for me.

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

it's looking like 2014 is gonna start out with some early cleanups. lol

6. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Should be done with cleanups TODAY!!
    bittersweet for us, we want them to be done but then we are done for a bit.
    I guess we could use a little break anyway.
    Hope everyone gets them finished up before the cold hits again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. Yesterday we got 1 completed before the rain started, the rain that wasn't suppose to arrive until today..…
    So off until after NewYears now , New York City bound, family time here I come.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Melting off fast here I may opt to go back out after Christmas and hit some of the 30 we didn't get to before 2 weeks of ice and snow hit us.

9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished up last week, but freezing rain came in yesterday so ice damage cleanup starts tomorrow. :)

10. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Finished my last clean up Saturday. Done unless I get any more calls for people looking for a 1 time clean up. Snow rarely comes before Christmas. Good chance to go without snow first week of January and the temperature above freezing. So if there is work there is a good chance the weather will let you get it done.

Though this December we wound up having some snow before Christmas. Two light snow falls for 7.3" total it melted in time for me to get my clean ups done.