1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone still doing new installs?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Oct 12, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I just landed 2 irrigation system installs. Both will begin in about 2 weeks. A little late in the year. But I'll take what I can get, even if it is late. It doesn't really freeze here so we can still install in the fall/winter as long as it's not pouring down rain that day.

I am sure guys in CA and AZ and TX do installs all year. But anyone else in a semi-cold climate still doing installs?
  2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

We are but i have been doing blow outs.....

I guess we have a few coming up.
    I love installing in the mud.
  3. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

we still have at least three left for this fall.
  4. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Got 2 new ones this week just upgrades though. Customers finally got their pools in and concrete down now want planters and sod so here we go trying to do installs and blowouts. Hopefully we remember to take the right equipment to the right site:laugh: compressor vs trencher
  5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That would be correct.
  6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, I have five residential and three apartment complexes on the schedule right now.
    Blowout????What is a Blowout???:)
    I'm kidding, I what it is but at first I thought you guys were commenting on how my ex-wife blowed out of her size six to a size fourteen.
  7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Me and Hank have install work year around. Use party tents in the rain,
    snow & freeze is all that slows us down.
  8. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

We have another 1.5-2 months worth of installs, personally I am hoping for rain and cold temps to push the work to 08 and if any price increases come down from manufactures we will just make the customers either cut checks for the products then or issue a reflective increase in their contract in 08. (my contracts are great :) )
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What a bull. :weightlifter:
  10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I said we have work, I did'nt say I go out there!:laugh: