1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone stripe with a Trivantage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fubba, May 28, 2006.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an Exmark Lazer Z HP with the old trivantage deck. I've noticed that I can get some striping on some of my yards even though I live in the south. I do not have a striping kit though. Would it be a waste of money to get one? If you have this deck or have had it, how did yours stripe without the roller?
  2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Exmark HP's with the Tri-Advantage.Firstly, we are dealing with cool season turf, bluegrass etc, and this type turf stripes excellent, your probably dealing with warm season grass in GA,which is a whole different ballgame. Our mowers stripe without the roller,the two hp's do not have a roller,or striping apparatus.All we do is set the deck pitch as per the manual instructions, and keep the tires inflated to specifications in the manual, and we get great stripes.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

No... I could hardly muster a stripe at all without the roller.

In my opinion though, it is much more sensible and 'worth it' to just build your own.
    Cheap and easy to do. (about 10% of the cost)
    I can give you some instructions if you'd like.
    Just send me an e-mail.
  4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

envy i'd like instructions on my new mini-z....is that possible ???
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah sure.... go ahead and see if the e-mail thingy from here works.