anyone sub out fert?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by smarino21, Apr 4, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering if anyone subed out fertilizing, i also wondered how much you guys mark it up from what you pay.

2. smarino21

none of u guys sub it out

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

no way, its the easiest money u can make in Land Care.

Ken

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I sub most of my fert & squirt accounts.A couple of them I do. Dont have the time or desire to make a service call visit to Granny when she sees one weed in her lawn...no thanks.
    I include the fert company charge in the customer's monthly bill. I do not mark up the fert charge. We offer this as a "value added" service to the customer. This arrangement works well for all concerned

5. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I totally agree with Newlook. Since we all know that pesticide/herbicide is to only be done by licensed professionals, why give all that money away for straight fertilization work????? It's one of the most profitable segments of this industry. Sub out any weed control that may need to be done, and put that big profit margin in your pocket......

6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I sub mine out, and charge about 10% per application more than he charges me. That works out nice, I get to see a complete service, make some extra money, and he gets new clients. Everyone seems happy.

7. smarino21

when you say weed control they usually do 2 serives for weed control around here so you say to a fert guy go service this prop 2 times per year?

8. smarino21

when you sub out weed control, how do you do it you say to a fert comp ok spray this lawn 2 times for weeds? or what i am a lil confused .. thank you