1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone taken the MO. licensing exam?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TMlawncare, Jan 15, 2004.

1. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm taking my core and cat 3 test Feb 10th. For those that have taken the exam, is both areas multiple choice and how long and hard of a test is it. Also after you pass the exam what do you have to submit to get your license and how much does it cost?

All answer will be of great help......
  2. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

3. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks advanced lawncare for that link. When do plan on taking the exam. I keep hearing that if want to do apps its best to take the exam now because it won't be long and the state will up the requirements as they are nowdoing in several of the eastern states and in Canada.
  4. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

If I take the test it will be late Jan or early Feb. I am trying to get insurance quotes right now and make sure that the rates will not be too high.
  5. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Both parts of the test were multiple choice when I took it five years ago. There were also 5-10 pictures I had to identify, plants, insects, and diseases. I didn't think it was really hard, but I did study quite a bit prior to taking the test.
  6. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I guarantee you that if you don't study your azz off the results won't be good. I took it also about 5 years ago, studied long and hard, and got a 75. WHEW! I really don't want to take it again................Lynn
  7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I took the test last year and scored in the high 80's in the core and in the 80's in the cat. 3 part. I studied my arse off and it was not bad. I worried more about trying to figure out what was important, and remember all the material. On multiple choice questions, the answer is there and will pop out at you if you study the books that you have to buy for study material.
  8. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Passed the core but missed the Cat 3 by 1 question. Taking it again in February. Taking the Cat 3 again in February.