1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Theme?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Apr 16, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you just get 1 or 2 types of equip?

IE: all echo and stihl

all redmax,

2. Bouncer

Bouncer LawnSite Member

Two Echo trimmers, Echo blower, Echo Edger, Echo Chainsaw...........Yep!!! I guess we do theme!!!:p (although, there are a lot of other brands out there that i would also use!!)
  3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro mowers and mostly Stihl handhelds. If not Stihl as I replace them, I purchase Stihl.
  4. I run all stihl, except my back up blower.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Handhelds...all Echo with the exception of a Redmax 7000 and a 7001. Mowers...Ferris Z's and WB's, plus 3 Toro Groundsmasters.
  6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

exmark bobcat echo
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Toro (one with a Lawn boy engine) and Scag for my mowers, Echo and Stihl for my 2 cycles, except for the Kawi b/p blower which looks like it's gonna get traded off soon. When the Kawi goes I am getting traded 2 Echo b/p blowers so I'll be down to Toro and Scag and Stihl and Echo. You judge if I theme or not I guess....
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't care about themes or color schemes. I choose the best quality and performance, price is not much of a factor.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I agree. These days it's all the rage to have something just for the way it looks or the color it is, instead of the way it's built. Just look at all the Toyota or Kia cars they're selling!!! Not saying they're totally junk but I will bet that the Ford, Chevy or Dodge vehicles in the same class are built alot heavier duty. It stands to reason that companies such as Ford, Chevy or Dodge that build 3/4 ton + trucks would build a heavier duty passenger car/mini van/suv also because they understand the importance of a heavy built vehicle- alot safer!!!!
  10. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

Nothing but Toro and Echo on my trailer. My trailer isn't pulled by any thing but General Motors. Is that clear enough.