Anyone tried hog racks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C&K, Mar 1, 2007.

1. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Anyone tried hog racks trimmer racks? I saw them on e-bay and they peaked my curiosity. They look well made and are less expensive than jungle jim's, trimmer trap, and others. $125.00 + s&h I think. Opinion anyone?

2. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

havent used them but was interested in them too but i was looking at the spring loaded ones 185+s/h

3. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I have not used them but I like the Jungle Jim ones because the trimmer does not bounce around or spin. They are right around 185 too I believe.

4. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

:drinkup: i bought the 2 trimmer blower rack combo he had on ebay it was $169 shipped. very well designed and built. I am very happy with them and the price was definately right for me.

5. gmcplowtruck

can you post a few picks he doesnt have a lot of picks but i would like to see ho it holds it in

6. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Yea, If you could post some pics so we could see them better it would be great.

7. Cut n Edge Lawncare

i will snap some tomorrow and post them

8. Cut n Edge Lawncare

pics of the mounting for hogracks

100_2170.jpg

100_2171.jpg

100_2172.jpg

100_2173.jpg

9. gmcplowtruck

do they hold the weed eaters in good when you hit alot of bumps do you drop a pin in that top hole to hold that swing bar over
    how do you like the blower rack does it hold all back pack blowers what brand do you have can you post a pick of the blower rack too they seem good i might buy a set of them for my 16 ft trailer

10. Cut n Edge Lawncare

THEY SEEM TO HOLD WELL YOU STILL HAVE SOME BUMPINESS ON THE TRIMMER HEAD MAINLY oops capslock, the engine end stays put. the hole in the top of the swing bar is how you lock the trimmer rack and the blower rack.

as for the blower rack i have an eb8510, it has the twin holes at the top of the backpack frame. so when you hang the backpack it leans a little left or right. once you put the blower in the rack it has two ears on the rack to strap it down with a bungie. Its kind of ackward but u got to remember the
    eb8510 is a monster blower its wide and heavy.

I like both and for the money it was well worth it. I tried to post a pic of the blower rack but the pic had too many pixels, it was too big for this site. If you will pm me your email address i will send it to you