1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried new yazoo 61 27hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawndude2004, Apr 23, 2005.

1. lawndude2004

lawndude2004 LawnSite Member

I have always ran exmark mowers, but a good friend of mine is selling yazoo/kees mowers. The are basically a husky, without husky's new tunnel ram deck. Anyone demoed them yet or are using them. At At $1500.00 less than exmarks 60" 27hp and considering the quality of the mowers I am beginning to consider buying one. My main concerns are how well they cut fescue at highspeeds and slope holding.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I know there's a guy around here that has one and that thing cuts and strips beauitifully. The only thing about Yazoo/Kees is the customer service and parts support is about the worst in the industry.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That ain't good to hear...
  4. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

They do have the worst customer service and parts support and that is why they have very few dealers left in my area and certainly no commercial dealers.

You get what you pay for!
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Wasn't Yazoo bought by Husqvarna? Maybe some of that can be attributed to turnover turmoil?
  6. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

New to this site and this topic caught my eye.

Do you guys have personel experence in this or is the poor service & parts coming from something you heard? The reason I ask, I have checked this unit out & the price is good, the unit looked like it was well built
  7. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Personal experience here from 2 years ago and the fact the Husqvarna bought them out several years ago has not helped the situation.

As I mentioned before, very few dealers left here in my area with Yazoo/Kees except for a few back yard small out of the way dealers.
  8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

They have an excellent machine they just don't stand behind it.
  9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I am very supprised at the service statements! There are two dealers here One of them is huge into yazoo and service has been no issue with him at all! I know several cutters who have been switching to them and buying from this dealer. The other dealer who has carried yazoo for several years does nothing for support on the machine. This maybee a dealer issue! As far as the machine that you are talking about Yes it is good if you buy one get it with suspension seat and maybe the strip kit, although they strip real well stock!
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, tied in with Husqvarna.

Yup, personal experience here too! Living through it right now as we speak.

But I'm not taking it anymore, so you will likely be able to read all about it here on lawnsite in a day or so.