Anyone tried one of these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Dec 30, 2003.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

No wheels, seems to skid. Must suck on slopes.
    Anyone seen one of these or used one. Do you like itSkid sulky
  2. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

A few people here have them and most of the feedback has been good. Switchless had one for sale last week. I think Frankenscag has one also Promo Lawn Services uses them.
  3. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

What happens when you back up, or run over a rock or tree root or something, what about running on pavement?
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to be a smart@ss but try a search using the word proslide. Should answer alot of your questions about it. Good luck.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

they looks solid and i can see the concept behind it...however i dont think that i would go with one.

to be honest with you-i woud ride a single or double wheel sukly over a proslide any day of the week.

but thats just my opinion.
  7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I ride mine over rocks, sprinkler heads, curbs etc. I ride on cement and asphalt a lot, it will wear out the plastic plate after about a year of heavy cement use but 35 dollars saves a lot of walking. Backing up you step off it retracts and you walk backwards, If you are in a wet area the slide will not leave ruts and will actually help fix the ruts. The company also has excellent customer support.
  8. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

ProSlide's are very nice. I've had one for two years now and love it!
  9. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Jungle Jim wheeled sulky on a Exmark TT17-52"
    The problem I have is that I am 6'4" / 255# and with the wheeled sulky I have to bend over (slightly) and it really gets to my back thru out the day. went to the web site mentioned above the video shows it keeps the operator at ground level, so my question is do you think the Pro slide will be to much drag on this machine say running doubles, bagger, and with my weight ?
  10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Don’t knock it till you try it- I have one on my TTHP 52” 17hp and it’s great. It goes all over hills no problem. It slides really easy. I only get off of mine on very very steep banks (the kind the mower slides sideways when you go across it), really tight areas, or when I just feel like walking. You can ride it over anything like Promo says. Yes you have to step off to back up, but the big advantage to the Proslide is that you can step off and it raises and stays out of the way so you can walk when you need to in small areas or steep hills and then ride instantly no removing a sulky or tying it up or anything. If it wasn’t for this incredible versatility I would probably have a BullRider castering sulky for the fact that you can backup without getting off but with the Pro you can back up a few inches without stepping off, it starts to fold up but you stay on it. I usually don’t step off but once or twice a lawn and usually then only to pick up trash or if I get into a tight corner.
    No problems with mine yet. I definitely prefer it over my old two wheel (similar to Jungle wheels), stay behind mower controls and at ground level, no jackknifing in turns, when you go around trees it swings you away from the tree instead of dragging you under the tree, doesn’t rut soft ground, and it doesn’t hurt the grass either. When I got it I was very skeptical like you guys. I bad mouthed it before I had even seen one in person. But once I got it on and played with it I was impressed and loved it so much I sold my old wheeled one. Plus it helps striping so you have a full stripe not just tire tracks. You can definitely tell a difference between my lawns and the other guys’ lawns that use wheeled sulkys.

Bamaa, I think you'd be pushing it with doubles and your weight. Take off the doubles since your bagging and you should be fine. Bagging doesn't take any more horsepower unless you have a Protero that runs off the mower spindle.

Again don’t knock it till you try it! Here’s some Proslide/Exmark stripes.