1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried the new Kubota welded deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlc4163, Apr 15, 2003.

1. mlc4163

mlc4163 LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the new welded decks on the Kubota ZT's.
    I ran a check and most gripes seem to be the cutting performance as related to deck design. Wondering if the new decks have taken care of the problem.
    With 0% financing for 36 months, I'm not sure I can pass them buy.
    I did take a 60" with a 28 horse for a spin. Very smooth with some nice creature comforts too.
    Please chime in if you know anything. It is a lot of money, $11,500, but after paying for the finance charges your spending the same money. Other options is my area are, within 30 minutes, Exmark, Scag, Dixie or Hustler if I want to drive an hour to the dealer.
    Oh well hope this gets some good discussion going.
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I looked at one, and it was only on the showroom floor, but it looked good - they make a nice machine

Thanks, Brad
  3. farmer58

farmer58 LawnSite Member

i have the zd21 with 60" deck and it is a big improvement over the old deck. my old mower was a kubota zd18 with 54" deck great machine but the grass clumped pretty bad and buildup underneath the deck was a problem also. with the new welded deck the grass does not clump and is chopped up a lot finer. i also like the swivel casters that the new deck has as i do 3 cemeteries and the stationary anti-scalping wheels on old machine did some tearing of sod going around stones:alien:
  4. The old stamped deck seemed to be the weak point of the old machine.
    Now with the welded deck and Kubota diesel power, these could become a serious contender in the commercial market.

I don't know anything about the unitized transaxel on them though.

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one and they are worth the $. Good mower, good deck, good design, they are probably going to start doing really well in the commercial market. 0% intrest makes for some easy two year notes.:D