Anyone tried the shindaiwa eb802 backpack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenlawnlandscape, Mar 13, 2009.

1. greenlawnlandscape

greenlawnlandscape LawnSite Member

My EB630 was stolen last night. Need to replace. EB633 or 802? Thanks for the help.:waving:

2. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

3. greenlawnlandscape

greenlawnlandscape LawnSite Member

I had heard the 8510 had lots of problems. Curious. Surely they redesigned it. Shindy is not known for junk equipment. I'll be picking one up in the morning. Thanks for the help!

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I tried out the 802, and it will be my next blower.

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

The 802 is a great blower. I had an echo 755 and it is much more powerful. The 802 feels lighter and is more comfortable than my 755 was.

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. The 8520 is a "second generation" engine. Shindaiwa took all the feedback they had gotten from users of the EB8510, redesigned it and produced the EB8520. It has a lot of engine improvements, but one of the biggest improvements was comfort. (They used this same super comfy frame on the EB802).

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I just picked up a eb8510 about a month ago. Only reason I bought that and not the new eb8520 is because I got a great deal on it. We will see how it holds up.

8. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

I had an 8510 and it didn't last a year. Most powerful engine, cheap construction. Have 2 802s now. Still the most powerful BP I know of.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I tried an EB802 out at the dealer.

I am comparing to a RedMax EBZ8001.

The Shindy is much more comfortable, and blows just as hard as the redmax.

Really nice BP blower. I'll stick with my 8001's though.

10. jhastrello

jhastrello LawnSite Member

I've got an 802. What a beast, and rests easy on the shoulders/back (good adjustment system). I demo'd it against a comparable Redmax, and it was hands down the better unit.

I originally took home the one with the controls on the left, but am glad that I got the one (delivered several days later) with the controls on the tube.

You won't be disappointed.