Anyone tried the Super Sharpener?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOOLIE, Aug 16, 2004.

1. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'll admit I'm a sucker for cheap gadgets. Recently I was in Home Depot, and I saw this little blade sharpener hanging on the wall. "Sharpens blades with only a few strokes". Yeah, my a** I think. Still, for 6 bucks, I bought it. "It's a tax deduction" I think to myself. Well, I sharpened a set of blades with it Wed. morning, and I was BLOWN AWAY with how well they cut. This thing works as well as any grinder I've ever used. I was debating whether or not to buy an expensive blade grinder, but I think I'll just keep using my little green gizmo...

2. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Could you post a picture of it?

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive never tried it...but I will now. Thanks for the tip.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Like I have all day to sharpen one side of one blade.

Why do people waste bandwidth with these crap postings?

Isn't there a homeowner forum here somewhere? That's where this belongs.

6. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That sharpener wouldn't do.

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Be carfful with that thng. I have had to get stiches in my hand twice when it slips off the edge. ouch!!!!. It does an ok job on knives and suck but isn't really bigenough ot mower blades well. I have used it to touch up an edge a couple of times but not any more. Iv'e got scars on my thumb and fore finger to remind me to leave it in the tool box.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That looks like it would be great for touching up a set of blades you just finished sharpening :blush: That tool will never get the job done unless you already have a sharp blade.

Gravely_Man

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I got one of those dame things. I used it on the cutting edges of a shovel. Thats about all its good for.

10. WarrenRaymond

WarrenRaymond LawnSite Member

I have one and keep in the door pocket of the truck. I use it to sharpen my loping shears and my knives. It works well for that, but I couldnt see using it on a blade, it is too thick. Works best on thin steel.