1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone tried the wright sentar sport 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kriswa, Feb 23, 2005.

1. kriswa

kriswa LawnSite Member

Just getting some info to see what you guys think . I've used ferris w/b for many years and love them . They handle hills great. . i'm looking at replacing my 52" ferris w/b with the wright sentar sport just not sure if it will stripe as good as the ferris
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I can't comment on the Sentar Sport, but I will say that it would be foolish to make your mower decision based on whether it can stripe or not.
    Any mower can be made to stripe with a kit, whether it be bought or homemade.
    That should really be the last thing to take into account when deciding on which mower to buy.
  3. kriswa

kriswa LawnSite Member

Thanks but not the reply i was looking for ! with ferris i needed no stripping kit it does better than most with out it . I was hoping to here from someone that has used one or that can give me some more info that i haven't already researched it would be foolish to think the only thing i was concernd about was it's stripping ability , but thanks for the reply.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

fyi, the sentar sport has Wright's new (and hopefully improved) deck design on it. havn't run it yet but can wait once they release it on the standers.
  5. kriswa

kriswa LawnSite Member

Thanks . was there a problem with the old deck design?
  6. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I bought one and I can't tell you how it stripes yet.. I can tell you I bought it over a 52 stander which I did demo because of the easily adjustable deck height. The stander stripes great. Since we are getting a snow storm tomorrow it will be awhile before i get out there and really cut with it. It has bigger deck pulleys and and stronger clutch than the stander.
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I don't like the sentar sport. If wright would ever get back to me on them. I might change my mine. I love the stander and the regular sentar. I hate the sport. I would like a week long demo. But I never heard anything back from wright. :angry:
  8. slt40

slt40 LawnSite Member
    from nc

The tire to weight ratio killed me right offf the bat. I have to mow in wet conditions a lot & feel they would rut up my yards. I love standers, wish they were quicker. Just bought a new sentar 2 on close out.
  9. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

I demod the regular Sentar for a week last year and hated it!

My biggest problem is that I'm a big guy 6' 5" and around 300 lbs...Very uncomfortable seat and the damn thing kept doing wheelies...(not very safe!)

Not a very nice quality of cut either...

I like the idea of the Stander but I need a easy to adjust floating deck!!
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey Legacy, have you had a chance to check out the JD Quick Trac, or the Great Dane Surfer yet? Just curious.