Anyone tried these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape Poet, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

So I was shopping with my son today for football clothing and he insisted we go into these Under Armour store. Now he has several pieces of this stuff and he gets the compression type that show every inch of your body so I did not think I would be interested in it. However I found that the lose size actually look similar to a basic t shirt and they even have polo style shirts. So I tried one on. The material is great, breathes, lightweight and is design of the material is made to wick the sweat away from your body. So I am looking around and they have a full rack of clearance in what color. Green!
    So I try it on and it feel great and looks good - I am thinking it will be perfect for the kind of humidity we have down here to go with our temps. One last thing is that it is all of there clothing overs at least spf 15 but they have some that go as high as 60, so I am not normally a fan of long sleeve down here, but this stuff could actually be comfortable enough to alllow me to wear long sleeve down here in our enviroment. Going to try it out and may have company logos put on if they are good.

Has anyone else tried this stuff during the heat of the season? Is it all that I think it could be?

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I love under armour....it's a bit spendy though. I know it's great in the cold here but haven't been able to bring myself to wear it in the heat of the summer. Let us know how you like wearing it down in Florida! When I lived down there Under Armour was pretty new and never tried it then.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't get this, the label will tell you what it's made of, are you talking about cotton?

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

TS, go to their website and read up on them.

They work great. I have 4 of the light shirts and they breath great. I can be soaked and by the next stop my shirt is dry!

5. Landscape Poet

DLAWNS,

Make sure you are buying the right ones - I got schooled on this yesterday - There are ones made to keep you dry and cool when the heat is on - and of course the ones you are talking about made to keep your heath in.

They are still a little costly for sure, but there is a outlet mall down here with a UA outlet, so you get a little break off retail on their normal stuff and then their clearance is really descent, for example a couple of racks of shirts for $9.99.
    That is a great thing about solo - I just have to worry about me, so if it is something I really think will make it more comfortable and allow me to wear long sleeve in our environment, I will make it happen.

6. Landscape Poet

Topsites - check this out - The section I am sending you to is the Tactical Section. Read the Comments - if they are real - they are from service men that are over in the desert and talk about how the ones made for heat really work and the ones made to keep them warm do too. If they are using them in those extremes I think it may make in the Fl environment.

Under Armour Tactical Gear

7. Landscape Poet

Glad to hear that - I figured they might -Did you use the short sleeve or did you try the long sleeve. I am very interested in giving them a try in our heat.

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

They work great!!

9. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I wear the long sleeved under armor (black) all summer long. I have never been cooler. Some think I'm crazy, until they try it. A friend of mine hooked me on them a couple yrs ago. There is not a day you won't find me wearing one. And yes, they are all long sleeved.

James

10. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i have 3 of the polo shirts and theres nothing better i didnt know they had t shirt ones though ill have to try to find those around here