1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone try a Hustler Trimmaster H-bar walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllAmericanlawn, Mar 2, 2008.

1. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

That is either the coolest or the craziest thing i have saw! I was wondering if anyone had any experience on one and their opinion?

2. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have, they are pretty easy once you get the hang of it im still deciding on either the hustler or a quick, the hustlers are built like a tank and are a full floating deck, So here is the way i look at it i can get a hustler trimstar for $4700 or i can get a quick sameri for $2800.
    It looks like the quick's are easyer to run and i think thats what im going to go with???

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I've tried Hustler's system. I much prefer the control you have over each wheel independently with pistols, ecs, or loop steering.

4. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Haha it's called TRIMSTAR not trimmaster

5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

If you can still find the old hydro walk behind from Hustler it's way better than a trimstar. It had the more durable pump and wheel motor setup instead of the IZT crap that's really designed for consumer Z's. The Trimstar is still a deecnt mower, but it's not as good as the mower it replaced.

6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. I seen the new trimstar last summer and there was no way I wanted to replace my 2000 Hustler WB with that. So I had my dealer track down an unsold old style machine. I bought one to replace the old one.

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I tried one for a demo. Very cool steering system once you get used to it. With a sulky on flat land it's most likely great, however it's heavy in the following categories:

Price = Ouch!

Weight= Forget it if it's damp at all....mega ruts

Decided on the Quick 36 and never looked back. Now with new things on the horizon for Better Outdoor Products, it's my opinion those "other" guys and their heavy machines will become a thing of the past.

8. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

why the crap does Hustler not have a belt drive wb??

9. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I purchased a Trimstar 48" w/b last summer. It took me about 2 lawns to really get the hang of it. It's an awesome machine!!!! I demoed the Bobcat Hydro also, that's also a great machine. But the H handle is much easier to control. I installed a Proslide XT on the Trimstar, works real well. I'm 47, 220lbs and it pulled me with no problem!! Go get you one, you'll never regret it!

10. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

they do....or at least last year they did. I can't tell you abuot this year cause we dropped hustler for scag.