Anyone upgrade to QuickBooks Pro 2002

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I have QBs '99.. thinking about Pro 2002

Is the difference huge? Likes and dislikes? Anyone email invoices?

Any input appreciated!

2. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

I have it. I widh I could help you more but my wife has been using it for me since we upgraded. From what I have saw, It seems alot nicer. She said she likes it better.

Wev'e only had it a couple of months.

3. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

I have QB Pro 2001.
    The e-mail feature is excellent but in order to receive notification of customers receipt you need to subscribe to the "deluxe" version which is like $14.95 per mo.

I plan to convert all customers on e-mail over to it.

One bummer is that I'll need to upgrade to 2002 in order to use the new QClip which is only compatible with 2002.

Roger

4. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I just upgraded to 2002 pro from the '99 version. My main reason for updating is to intergrate with other programs. I now have my QB on my Handspring Visor PDA. It does have a little different look, but close enough to figure out without training. There are more reports, bells and whistles which I have'nt explored yet. I try to update every 2-3 years. I think it's worth updating.

5. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

how do you get your quickbooks on your pda? is it just your quickbooks contact data, or is it the entire program?

6. I myself went from 1999 to 2002. More bells and whistles. I think, once you get use to the new interphase that it is a smother interphase than previous version. I'v been using Q.B since dos days.

I don't like the fact that they try to nail you with extra charges such as email invoice to clients and such.

John

7. SterlingLawn

SterlingLawn LawnSite Member

2002 is pretty slick and ease of use is sweet. Only thing that I hate is Intuit technical support. Anyone ever use it? When you finally reach someone, you get a lower level tech. If they cannot answer your question (and you know they work this), they have to transfer you to an "upper level" tech at prices starting at I think 100.00. I don't really remember the pricing but do remember cracking up on the phone. Uh, thanks but I'll pass. Found answer on net for freein some group.

8. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

Quickbooks on your PDA with QBMobile http://pgsoftinc.com/ There is another one I can't find link to, but check out Quickbooks.com and integrated applications or software partners. QBMobile is $60 and the other program I found was $260. For Spanish translator on your PDA, check out http://www.ddhsoftware.com