Anyone upgraded tanks on a Lesco Space Saver?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Jan 26, 2009.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I think I'm buying a flatbed truck. With that additional room, I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing a 300g tank and swapping out the hardware from my 200g Lesco Space Saver and building a frame around the new tank.

Anybody every Dr. Frankensteined one before?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Ahh cut paste repeat

3. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Just a single 300g? I think I saw a 300 gallon tank that fit sideways in the back of a pick up. You could make a frame for the hose real and pump. Try MN wanner. I'ts not listed on their website but I think they have them. They could help you with the frame too.

http://www.minnesotawanner.com

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

Oops. Was there another thread with this? If so, my bad. I failed to check - I figured nobody was as retardedly cheap as me...

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

Thanks. I'm confident I can make all the plumbing work without any trouble, and I'll fabricate my own frame specific to my wishes.

I'm just wondering if there's somebody who has tried it that might be able to say, "oh yeah - I know it looks easy enough - right up until you get to this one part..."

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Nah just bustin nuts however i am doing the same type of frankinsprayer

7. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

With the old Agrotec 300 gal tank I had with no baffles, yes.

Cut the tank frame off of the engine/pump/reel frame and then added a 300 gallon tank with baffles, and intergrated with a 100 gallon tank. Its inside of a Box Truck now.

The 300 Gal tank I bought was mounted on it's own steel frame and I love it.
    Gregson Clark has em too :)

You can do a lot with a creative mind, and make a setup that works best for you :)

Pete

8. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Flat bed eh? That should be fun. You won't need that tank I mentioned. So what are you doing? Taking the pump and motor and leaving the 200g tank and frame?

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Ted Frankenstein here... I bought a 300gal tank from Westheffer and mounted it in place of 2 -110 gal tanks that were on my skid. However, my sprayer was not a space saver. I'm sure my conversion was much easier. You'll be basically starting from scratch as far as the frame goes. Having the tank you want on hand and a good welder/welding shop and accurate measurements for mounting points of motor, hose reel, etc... will get you a good start.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Whoopedass

Cheap you want Cheap?? Find a used 325 gallon pallet shipping tank. They cost more to return ship empty, than they cost. I get them from a pre-stressed concrete plant that buy vegetable oil for greasing forms. MSDS claims eatable material. Purple Stuff or Simply Green cleans them right up.