Anyone use 3M's Dynatel 2273 to locate valves or faults

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by richgauci, Apr 28, 2007.

1. richgauci

richgauci LawnSite Member

Anyone use 3M's Dynatel 2273 to locate valves or faults. Just purchased it a couple of months ago and curious if there are any other users out there. Also have the Protech 600 and the Temp 521 wand type locator. Looks like I might be selling one or both of these.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Had not heard of it...tell us about it.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Or post an URL and pics like Mike always does. :)

4. PurpHaze

5. Mike Leary

6. Mike Leary

7. PurpHaze

8. PurpHaze

They're prolly built in the same factor in China and then shipped to Mexico to the same assembly plant. :)

9. richgauci

richgauci LawnSite Member

Don't need my Protech 600 (exactly like the Tempo 521), or the Tempo 521. This locater/fault-seek works like a charm. I hope so for the price I paid. Go for around $3000 got it for $2300. Will tell you the size of the fault, so, you could choose to ignore and move on to another. Also, very very good (Locater) in highly congested areas, where cable TV, telephone, electrical, gas, neighbors irrigation, and lighting wire are all in the vicinity. With a half decent noodle on your shoulder you could find almost anything. Found a valve a couple weeks ago under a foot of fill and a layer of paver's that was abandoned for a good 5 years. Needed to find the faults before hand, of course. You could switch from 4 locating frequencies which come in very-handy for different applications.

10. Mike Leary

Sorry about the limpness, I had it & lost it...story of my life.
    rich..that looks very cool, about the same price of a ridgid.