anyone use a boxvan w/ dovetail or dropgate?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lcncapo1, Mar 13, 2009.

1. lcncapo1

lcncapo1 LawnSite Member

just bought a boxvan that i want to build a dropgate for. has anyone done this before that has pics or advice on the build. i am thinking that i need a 12' ramp(split into 2 foldable 6' sections). im planning on welding it with my mig welder. just looking for outside ideas to tweak my design. haven't decided whether to add a dovetail or not. all help is appreciated. thanks guys!

2. Lawn-Guy

Lawn-Guy LawnSite Member

you could set it up similiar to a uhaul truck were the ramps slide into/under the box just have 2 instead of one you should be able to get the ramps used from any local moving company or do something and get a hydro pump to help with lifting of a folding ramp

3. yard_dawg

yard_dawg LawnSite Member

have a 18' foot box truck with a 5' dove tali and split drive on ramps. it gets me at least 2 more yards a day than when i was pulling a truck and trailer

4. lcncapo1

lcncapo1 LawnSite Member

do you have anypicsof that dovetail setup? did u make this yourself or did u have it fabricated for you? what were your costs involved?

5. yard_dawg

yard_dawg LawnSite Member

sorry no pic. had it put on in nashville tn. they took my tommy lift off and insall the dove tail with split lift ramps for 3 grand