Anyone use a Bush Hog ZT22?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zookem, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Zookem

Zookem LawnSite Member

Looking for my first ZTR as I'm just starting to gain customers in my new side business.
    Saw this add in a local free paper.

Bush Hog ZT22 60", 23hp Kohler, 612 hours, $2995.

What do you think?
    Thanks!

2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Bush Hog puts out a decent mower. My guess on that one is it is underpowered for that size of deck. But the price seem reasonable I would still try to get the price down depending on condition . Be leary of that deck engine combo, might be worth making a lower offer if you can put a 25 kohler or kawi on it.

3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i get info in the mail from them,but i haven't seen a dealer that carries there mowers in my area

4. Gary Campbell

Gary Campbell LawnSite Member

I am on my second season with a bush hog cz2561, 60 inch deck, with the Kawi 25 horse...I have been very pleased with it, with only a few exceptions, its a good mower, plenty of power with that engine on it..it is rough though....but build strong...lots of steel and has never failed to start have 1000 hours on it now..

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i saw one in a magazine at one of my dealers today. seems like a nice mower

6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

This is the 73inch 30 hp kohler I demoed. A nice machine but I needed a 61" and they didn't have one with the engine combo I wanted. I never got to see one mulch either. I thought the cheapest thing was the gas tanks everything else was well built.

BUSH HOG 006.jpg

BUSH HOG 004.jpg

7. Gary Campbell

Gary Campbell LawnSite Member

I bought the mulching kit for my 61 inch bush hog.. and it does a fine job of leaves..Ive been using it quite a bit this fall..I agree, that the tank set up is rather inadequate....I have twice knocked off my fuel lines,,,since they are in the front of the tanks, exposed...also, the support for the tanks is inadequate..I have stress cracks, and temporarily strapped the two tanks together around the back, to keep them from falling off....will add support to them this winter....otherwise, I think they make a pretty good mower..I have purchased a new turf tiger though, for the stability...I think they are much better...will see after a season or so.... .