Anyone use a dump insert?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 18, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Any opinions as to makes the best one? How do you like it? How much do they go for? Anyone have a pic?

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a TC-120 by Truck Craft for two years and havnt had a problem yet. Price 4k. Try www.truckcraft.com
    I got the TC-120 because I did not want to mess around with sanding and repainting it is also about 300# lighter than a steel unit. Capacity is 5000# (about two yards of reletivly dry top soil) but I did not get this unit to haul dirt and stone (it aint a dump truck) at the end of the day it is nice to push a button and all the yard stuff just slides out of your truck.
    BobR

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

if you do a search for dump inserts landscaper3 has some good pic of one.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

I have a steel ez dumper and have been pleased with it for the past two years. Paid $ 2400 for it and made up sideboards to increase carrying capacity. Also had to have extra stake pockets welded into the front to allow me to make up a front rack to keep the mulch and junk from falling down on the lift motor.

Only complaint is that it doesnt really angle high enough to always dump out the grass, but a quick reversing and stomping on the brakes takes care of that. Not well suited for keeping in during snowplowing, as we carry salt and snowblowers in the back of the trucks so we remove it for the winter months.

Sure beats digging the smelly stuff by hand and the jaws drooling at the dump site assures me I made a good purchase.

CMerrick

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to change the subject, but I went with a dump trailer instaed of an insert for the bed of the truck. Trailer is 6' x 10'. I have now problem moving materials around with it. When I am not using it to move materials, I use it as a utility trailer.