Anyone use a Ferris Comfort Control dd?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QuadRacer041, Oct 27, 2007.

1. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

Its time to replaced my current 48" Ferris DD Hydro walk behind with a new one. I'm looking at a new 48" Comfort Control DD, and would like some opinions on the machine.
    Ive read in some previous threads that you might not be able to mount a catcher on this new model? Is that true? I use a grass gobler and hope it will mount on the new machine. How do they cut and how is the new style cutting height adjuster? My local dealer is giving me price of $5100 with out a catcher. Its a 48" with a 19hp kawi motor.
    What are your opinions on this mower?

2. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer gave me a price of 4700 for the 52 19. Thats for the 2007. Also check out the feature on the online tradeshow.

3. QuadRacer041

how/where do i do that?

4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

5. QuadRacer041

only thing i got from there was a little movie about the mower. is that all that was there or did i miss something about pricing somewhere?

6. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing about price, just a little movie information tidbit. As far as price you should be able to negotiate with your dealer being that its the end of the season.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I just seen the New 48 and 61" DD. they looked very nice.Can you still mount a sulky on it or where do you mount one?? i didnt look at the deck opening so i cannot say if you can bag with it. I'll ask peter at accelerator.

If you do get it, please let us know how you like it. i didnt get a Chance to see them running but i know i would have to practice on those controls.

8. QuadRacer041

actually getting the new mower has been put on hold, i decieded to get a new bigger trailer instead. ill probably pick up the new machine in the spring.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Cool.............