Anyone use a Little Wonder HPV?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 8, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I bought this thing last fall in hopes of making fall clean ups a little easier, but it cloggs all of the time. Especially in damp leaves. Just wondering if anyone had any tricks?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Stihl blowers, so I don't have that problem. I blow them into a pile, mulch them, tarp them, and haul them away.

Not to change the subject on you, but how do you like your Viking?

3. nobagger

from Pa

Thanks Mo, I think I'm going to sell it this year and do just that. Looking to buy a couple of new blowers this season and hear great things about them.(Sthils)

4. Mo Green

So...how do you like your Viking?

5. Mo Green

BTW, I have not tried one, but a lot of guys on here swear that the Redmax 8000 blows away the Stihls(no pun intended). I'm thinking about buying one.

6. nobagger

from Pa

Bought it used through the guy I sub a little work from, so far its been great, it leaves nice strips. Although I don't like the 14hp engine on it, it cloggs in taller grass, but with a Velke on the back of it it goes and goes. Paid 1k for it included bag, and velke and some belts and blades. No complaints so far, just waiting to try my new 52" TTHP. And I finally found a Pro Slide.

7. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

I bought a 16 hp truck loader and a 8hp ground blower from Little Wonder.They work
    fine but have not tried the small stuff.I use Echo backpacks and hand held blowers.
    I can buy em several places and they are great(10 yrs of service)I felt
    they were as good as Redmax and better than Stihl since I tried em all.

8. Mo Green

How much did the loader set you back? I've been thinking about getiing one for this fall.

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

When i bought my loader, it was nearly $3000. It sucked just about anything and ate it up, couldn't complain about that. It was a bit tall for my tastes, though.

:D

10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

What a joke, I bought this thing and returned it the same day. Might be good for parking lots like suckin up cig butts, but forget making leaf clean up any faster. Once the bag fills up the bag drops shooting leaves everywhere. You can even transfer the leaves in the bag into a plastic bag. You better have a place to dump.

The old fashion way is 10 times faster than the Little Wonder Where time went!!!!